Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Facing Fears

So we've all been told the best way to get over our fears is to face them head on. Not really something I would say any of us are fans of. However, with this whole IVF process I've realized there isn't much I won't do if I want something bad enough.

Case in point: Part of the program includes a number of injections and I'm TERRIFIED of needles!

For the last two weeks however I'VE been giving MYSELF these injections. The first set were small insulin type suringes. The two additional ones I started this week... Let's just say they aren't so small.

When I starting preparing the first ones on Sunday I ended up having Jonathan give them to me because I was shaking so bad! Yesterday I did the morning set by myself which took some encouragement but last night and this morning I ran next door and had Heather do it.

...Ok so I'm backing off. But - the moral of the story is I DID face my fear and I did pretty good. I still don't want to do it everyday... But at least I know I can if I have to.

Its a big confidence booster. I wouldn't say I'm ready to face a snake yet. ...I'm happy with one small victory at a time! : )



Photobucket

No comments: