Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Gaffney Weekend


We had a safe and eventful trip to Gaffney last weekend. However, when we got almost to Cookeville, a guy pulled up next to us honking his horn. We couldn't figure out what the problem was, but we finally realized there was a problem with our truck. SOMEONE (Niki) had forgotten to close the tailgate, and our bags were hanging on for their dear lives at 80 miles per hour.
In my defence, I thought SOMEONE ELSE would check the truck before HE started driving.
After driving most of the night, we arrivied around 2a.m. Friday morning.


We managed to get in a couple hours of sleep before the boys arrived wide awake and in search of Johnny. We got to spend the day with them before going to dinner with everyone that night.






Saturday had a couple highlights for me. I had my first visit to The Beacon!

Jonathans plate of food looks like a good five pounds EASY!









And yes, I got to meet The Legend of The Beacon himself J.C.. As usual the place was packed so I was worried he would rush us along but I told he we came all the way from Tennessee 'cause we had seen him on Food Network and he couldn't have been happier!
He made sure we took SEVERAL pictures and what else would he have us say but "CAAAAAAAAALLLLLLL IT!!!!!!!!!!"

Oh, and Tennessee taking the #1 spot for the first time EVER after knocking off Memphis Saturday night was a major highlight too! I didn't have anyone to sing Rocky Top with me but I did find the only other Tennessee Fan in South Carolina to share in my excitement!

Sunday we drove down to the big town of Greer, SC to see Rita-licious and the rest of the Byers Gang. We haven't seen most of them since the wedding and others since this past summer so it was definately good to get back there... AND THE FOOOD!!!! I knew I liked this family when I first met them, they know how to eat!!! It was hard to stay awake on the drive home with a full stomach but we all made the 6 hour drive without an ounce of hunger.

No comments: