Friday, March 7, 2008

Been Awhile

So, its been a while since our last update... Last weekend I had planed to go to Loudon if at all possible but that didn't work out for me. I missed Kelly's Bridal Shower, Goob's Going Away Party, and Breakfast with my Papaw Tommy. I also missed getting to see two little boys that I've been wanting to see since their birth! At this rate, they'll be in school before I get back!

March has always been the absolute busiest time of the year for me every year and this one is no different. My color coded calendar looks like a three year old had a hold of it! I had hoped that with the extra help I would be able to get a way a bit. No such luck.

Last week, not only were both hotels in oversold situations, but our executive housekeeper of 7 years walked out, we had to terminate a night auditor for stealing money, another front desk agent at Baymont quite because I told her she couldn't take off for Spring Break when she turned in her request one week prior and we had posted a sign up a month before, we have another agent already off for spring break, our laundry lady quit, and two other front desk agents and our weekend breakfast host turned in notices. AAAAAHHHHH!!!!

Then, on Monday, Sandra turned in her notice as well. For those who don't know, Sandra is the GM over both of our Murfreesboro hotels who I have worked with and has been my mentor for the last 6 years. This, I think, is the hardest pill to swallow. She has always taught me to learn everything that I can because the more experience/knowledge you have the more valuable you are to this or any company. Although I hate not seeing her in the office each day, I know that this is the best move for her professionally and understand and support her completely.
The good news is, she isn't going far! She is taking the GM position for the Double Tree Hotel here in Murfreesboro which is a full service property. She is still less then 5 minutes away and I've already scheduled my lunch dates with her each week for our gossip hour.

On a brighter note, Mauri & Justin got married this week!!! They left for Jamaica last weekend and will be returning to the real world and our cold weather sometime this weekend. They had a small, private ceremony and I can't wait to see all the pictures when they get back!

Our Fence Party had to be postponed due to weather (and the fact that the supplies wouldn't be here in time). It has yet to be re-scheduled so please e-mail or call us with your availability and we'll try to work around the help we can get!

And, last but definitely not least, Hunter took his first steps last night!!! Lacey, of course, called very excited and said that she got them on film - she just doesn't have the software to load the footage online yet. As soon as we get something I'll be sure to post it for all to see.

No comments: